Attention !!! The server and all
the services will be down on August, 31st. We apologize for all these
connectivity problems. Unfortunately this summer was chosen for a
big server and services migration, with many technical upgrades.
News !!! The student session
proceedings are now available at the URL:
News !!! The dirctions page has been
updated with information about the Art Boston Hotel.
Attention !!! The server and all services
will be down in the morning of August, 25th, 2009.
News !!! The handouts of the slides used
during the lectures of EASSS 2009 are available for download at this URL:
A printout will be supplied to all school participants.
News !!! As social event, on Wednesday, 2nd, there will
be a guided tour at Palazzo Madama,
one of the most famous historical palaces and museums of Torino, located
in the heart of the city. Details will be supplied at EASSS.
Attention !!! The server and all
the services will be down at some time in the days 20-21 and 25-26 of August.
News !!! Directions for reaching EASSS places
Attention !!! In order to have Wi-Fi
access at EASSS it is necessary to supply the information requested at the
page "Wi-Fi credentials request" in the side menu. The strict deadline
for the request is August, 25th, 2009. No exception is possible.
If you attend both EASSS and MALLOW the request for EASSS is sufficient.
News !!! EASSS 2009 is on
facebook, check for the group EASSS 2009 - European Agent Systems Summer School
Early registration has expired, regular
registration is possible until July, 15th, 2009; the fee is 300 euros.
News The submission to
the students session has been delayed to July, 3rd (expired);
News The programme of the courses is now
on-line and the registration form is now on-line, please check the menu;
News The accomodation form is now
on-line (please, check the Accomodation page), the registration form is about to be on-line;
News By following the Accomodation link
in the menu you will have information about the University residences; soon a form will
be available both for reserving a room and for registering to EASSS 2009;
News Application for grants now open!
Click on Grant request in the menu;
European Agent Systems Summer School
The eleventh edition of the European Agent Systems Summer
School (EASSS'09) will be co-located with MALLOW'09 and
will take place at
University of Torino, Italy
31 August - 4 September, 2009
Like its very
successful predecessors, EASSS 2009 aims to offer a valuable
forum for knowledge exchange between various research groups
in this field, for the benefit of students and researchers
at both beginner and advanced level. The success of this
summer school is essential not only for the mutual benefit
of research groups, but also in forming future generations
of researchers to maintain the excellence of agents' research
and development in Europe.
EASSS attracts about 100 students
each year. The school provides a wide range of state-of-the-art courses
given by the most prominent researchers in the area. A typical course
has 4 hours in total and they are broad enough to provide a general
introduction to the chosen topic, whilst also covering the most important
contributions in depth.
Dates for registration and application for grants!
The list of courses has been published, check the Programme page.
- 20/6/2009 Grant application deadline (expired).
- 30/6/2009 Early registration deadline and notification for the grant requests (expired);
- 15/7/2009!!! Late registration deadline.
For information about local organisation please contact
The scope of EASSS includes (but is not limited to):
- action selection and planning in multi-/agent systems
- adaptation, evolution and learning in multi-/agent systems
- agent-based simulation and modeling
- agent communication, agent dialogues and agent argumentation
- agents, ontologies, web services and semantic web
- agent-oriented software engineering and development methodologies
- agent programming languages and development tools
- agent standardizations in industry and commerce
- applications and deployment for agents and multi-agent systems
- architectures for multi-agent systems
- artificial market systems, auctions, trading agents and electronic
commerce, electronic institutions
- autonomous robots and robot teams
- believability, human-like qualities of synthetic agents, humanoid
and sociable robots
- game theory and coalition formation for agents based systems
- computational complexity in agent systems
- conventions, commitments, norms, social laws and legal issues in
- coordination, cooperation, and collaboration in multi-agent systems
- emergence, self-organisation and collective behavior in agent-based
- foundational issues and theories of agency
- information agents, routers, brokering and matchmaking
- logics for specification, verification and validation of
- mobile agents
- negotiation, task and resource allocation, and conflict handling
in multi-agent systems
- privacy, safety and security in multi-agent systems
- scalability, robustness and dependability of multi-agent systems
- social and cognitive models for agents
- social and organizational structures of multi-agent systems
- trust and reputation in multi-agent systems
The EASSS-2009 Committee members are:
|Matteo Baldoni ||Torino, Italy|
|Cristina Baroglio ||Torino, Italy|
|Guido Boella ||Torino, Italy|
|Mehdi Dastani (chair)|| Utrecht, Netherlands|
|Rafael Bordini || Durham, UK|
|Catholijn Jonker || Delft, Netherlands|
|Barbara Keplicz || Warszawa, Poland|
|Nicolas Maudet || Paris, France|
|Andrea Omicini || Bologna, Italy|
|Michal Pechoucek || Prague, Czech Republic|